MEGA MAN ZX
Dual screens? Double the action, double the characters, double the trouble… Mega Man ZX.
Mega Man brings the action to the Nintendo DS like never before, with ZX. For committed fans and new-to-the-series action-addicts clamouring for ZX, it's Mega Man, only bigger, badder, better than ever before. You better believe it, partner!
Hundreds of years have passed since peace has been declared between humanity and its robotic Reploid enemy. But it's a fragile peace. Reploid Mavericks scavenging for weapons frequently clash with the human Serpent Company protectors of the "Outer" region. In this lawless area, two couriers find themselves under attack by a mysterious group of Mavericks, intent on grabbing the parcel the Girouette Express' finest are protecting. In the attack, the strange biometal the pair of couriers are transporting is absorbed by them – now Vent and Aile are transformed!
Humans with biometal? Now they're as tough as the mighty Mega Man. They're tougher than any bunch of Reploid Mavericks, that's for sure. Augmented with new powers, Vent and Aile can meld together different biometal fragments to gain new abilities and take the action to the next level! The only problem? Those Reploid Mavericks have had the same idea, friend.
Choose the male Vent, or for the first time ever in the Mega Man series, the heroic female Aile, each with their own unique abilities, to do battle against the toughest Maverick bosses. Take down the Maverick bosses, grab their biometal artefacts, and gain new abilities. It's time to take the fight to the "outer" regions, and bring the biometal back home in Mega Man ZX, the best there's ever been…
- All action – The DS's all-out action successor to the legendary Mega Man Zero. ZX reinvents the side-scrolling action game for a new millennium. All of the speed, power and mayhem of the Mega Man Zero and X series', but on Nintendo's powerful Dual Screen DS handheld console, and with an amazing new twist to the action…
- Biometal showdown – Acquire and meld biometal to an "accepted" human to trigger a total transformation. From soft flesh to hardened metal, the upgraded humans, complete with Z and X Profile powers are tough enough to take on the Maverick Reploids. Different biometal components offer new abilities. But you'll need to get them from your enemies first.
- Double trouble – Play as Vent or Aile. Vent, is bigger and more powerful. Aile, the first ever female playable character in the Mega Man series, is lighter and faster. You decide which one faces the dangerous Maverick mercenaries to get the precious biometal and protect Neo Arcadia and humanity.
- Boss battles – The most inventive, awesome and aggressive Maverick bosses ever. Use the dual screen to identify weak points and to avoid damaging the precious biometals the Mavericks have collected. Strategically tackling boss battles will mean you won't rack up biometal repair bills!
- Dual screens – Realtime information on biometal, strategic boss weakpoints, Model type powers, hidden items etc. is displayed on the bottom screen. Which is also used to trigger special Model powers or the devastating Overdrive Invoke system.
- Biometal Models – Vent and Aile quickly access the mighty ZX Model, a hybrid of the legendary X and Zero Model types with blaster and Z saber. Play through Mega Man ZX and the ZX Model will be joined by the HX flying Model with electricity attacks, FX for massive damage long-range attacks, LX for underwater combat and PX for climbing and stealth attack techniques.
- Hard and easy mode – Want a challenge, friend? Then select the "hard" mode – and experience the legendary difficulty of the Mega Man assault, with no let-up on intensity and no limit to the pain. Struggling? Then switch to "easy" mode – letting you master Mega Man ZX without the blood, sweat and tears. Now you've got a Mega Man for the way you play…