Fast-paced and brutal action game set against the backdrop of a warring nation as feudal lords battle in their quest for domination.
The world is in turmoil...
A new breed of hot-blooded heroes – the likes no one has ever seen – is changing the face of warfare. Some fight for the people, some for their Lords, while others fight to fulfil their own aspirations of greatness... But there is one thing that they all fight for... total domination.
Play as one of six hardened warriors leading their troops into battle against an unceasing onslaught of blood-thirsty opponents as keen to keep control of their territory as you are to take it. Devil Kings is an epic struggle to decide the destiny of a war-torn land.
The action explodes on-screen as you plough through enemy hordes in an attempt to conquer each enemy land. Unleash the special powers from within to bombard those who stand against you with ruthless attacks or summon a powerful storm of fiery meteors and watch them explode in a whirlwind of destruction.
It’s up to the player to build up their heroes, destroy the enemy and carve a path to victory and ultimate domination. Only in Devil Kings you will discover what it truly means to be king...
- Control one of six legendary warriors: Devil King – a king who sold his soul to the Devil, his quest for world domination is just beginning; Azure Dragon – some call him the “One-Eyed Dragon”, he’s a maverick warrior who fights only for himself; Scorpio – this elite soldier believes that if there is anyone who should rule the world it should be his general, the Red Minotaur; Venus – a deadly individual who has mastered the art of stealth, she’s a ninja who finds no pleasure in fighting but will do anything to protect her loved ones; Lady Butterfly – the beautiful wife of the Devil King, she’s a cold blooded killer and shrewd warrior; Red Minotaur – a fierce general rivalling the Devil King and feared by man, not only is he a great leader but he is also a cunning warrior in battle
- Combination moves exclusive to the US and European version – lock on to the enemy with your secondary attack and then finish them off with your primary attack to fill up your fury gauge more quickly
- Signature moves – up to four special attack moves can be gained for each character, each move individual to that particular warrior including: summon a storm of flaming meteors to wipe out an enemy legion in one move; brandish six swords at once to slice and dice the enemy with lighting fast speed; use the Devil King’s demon cape to knock down the enemy with a devastating blast
- Collect up to six weapons for each of your heroes so that you can have maximum choice when preparing for battle; each weapon can be powered up using points earned during previous missions; the legendary sixth weapon is very difficult to obtain and only players who complete the game in hard mode will be able to access it
- Discover the wealth of special items hidden throughout the game that can be equipped to your character to give them an edge in battle including various types of armour and crystals that restore both health and fury gauges
- Total of 18 different levels to be conquered including four environments that weren’t available in the Japanese version of the game