COMMUNITY

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Go Back   Capcom Europe > Games > MotoGP Series > MotoGP 10/11

Old 01-04-12, 07:25   #1
StillNotHappy! StillNotHappy! is offline Denmark
Advanced Member
Loyalty Level 2/12

• Regular
    (has posted in more than 12 different months)
  • Hot topic
    (has created a thread with over 1,000 views)
  • Top writer
    (has created a thread with over 50 replies)
  • Somebody likes me
    (has been added as a friend)
  • I have a buddy!
    (has added a friend)
  • All about me
    (has completed the user profile)

Default SBK2012 Teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKne34d5nj0 So has anybody checked out the latest SBK2012 teaser?
It really doesent give you much to go on.Sadly im afraid that is most likely because they dont have much of anything new to offer.They call it Generations like it is something new,but if you ask me they have allready more or less done this with the legendary riders of SBK X,and SBK 2011,and there isent really much of anything new in this.They also mention something about it being the largest bikegame ever.Well maybe they havent heard of a game called MoToGP06/07.Does SBK2012 have 30+ tracks like GP07.NO I really dont think so.In fact I whould be surprized if the game even has all of the tracks from the official season including Aragon,and the new Moscow-track.
Im allways intrestet in advances handling/gameplay wise,and I am probable going to buy it,and make it my last xbox-game,though im afraid its just going to be more of the same as SBK2011 wich to me was a little bit flawed.Like the way the bike whould suddenly throw you when using manual weight-distribution if you run it too deep trying to bring it back the steering whould registre as if you where pulling back on the handlebars,and the front whould come up.Thats not what was intended,and to me an obvious design-flaw.
Something that whould lift the game,and actually be an improvement whould be if they whould do something about all the corner-cutting,and if this time you actually had to race the tracks,and not cut across 9 out of ten times.That whould make the game almost intirely new,but imo it really deminishes the value of the game when half the game consists of tracks you end up hating to race.Implementing a serious penalty-system could potentially change this,and you might actually like to race tracks like Monza,Magne-Cour,Portimao,Imola,Assen,Misano,Silverstone,etc,o r atleast not hate going there,but does anyone seriously think that is ever going to happen?
Sorry if I sound a bit negative,and I suppose I should be ever so greatfull that someone has even bothered to bring out a bikegame at all.I just have a real hard time believing that this is actually something new,and not just Milestone/BlackBean out in a hurry to milk the last pennys out of there xbox360/ps3 codes before moving on to the next generation consols.I whould wish for nothing more that them to prove me vrong,but somehow I doubt it.You people might have a bit more faith than me though,but I feel I have to base my judgement on the previous records,and my gut feeling tells me this is just more of the same
Send a PM Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 17:33   #2
WALKEN WALKEN is offline United States
Advanced Member
Loyalty Level 2/12

• Hot topic
  • Top writer
  • Regular
  • All about me

One thing is certain... SBK Generations is going to be much better than this years MotoGP.
Old 01-04-12, 20:28   #3
Rossi86 Rossi86 is offline United Kingdom
Advanced Member
Loyalty Level 2/12

• Hot topic
  • Navigate to a game sheet from a news item
  • Read all live news items
  • Navigate to the Forum from a game sheet
  • I have a buddy!
    (has added a friend)
  • Somebody likes me
  • All about me

It's a shame not as much effort is put into the MotoGP series...considering it is supposed to be the premium racing series it isn't reflected in the games anymore.
Old 01-04-12, 21:35   #4
Advanced Member
Loyalty Level 2/12

• Top writer
  • Regular
  • Hot topic
  • Somebody likes me
  • I have a buddy!
    (has added a friend)
  • All about me

Yeah im sure SBK Generations will be better than MoToGP2012 wich ended up in the waistbin,and im sure it will be the biggest SBK-game to date.Just not the biggest bikegame unless they can manedge that 30+nr of tracks from GP07(say what you will about GP from Climax.Those guys gave us some bang for our money)Ofcourse they might have a few surprizes in store,but somehow I just have a hard time seeing them go very far out of there way at this point in time to truely do what needs to be done.It just doesent make very much sence for them to go and make very big changes(reinvent the gameengine,and come up with a revised penalty-system)when it most likely is going to be there last game on xbox360/ps3 before moving on for the next generation.Sure next year,or the one after that,whenever they plan to release one for the next generation,but not this year.It just whouldent make sence to me.Sadly that will be too late for me,as I dont think I will be buying into the next generation of consols.Looking back I just think this generation was a bit disapointing.I spend a buttload of money on a bunch of games that is just going to be sitting there collecting dust,and that I whouldent ever dream of playing again.I probable have 30+ games laying around,but not one of them I care to play,some of wich I hardly ever played in the first place as they litrally gave me a headache.IMO the gaming-industry has turned into just that,an industry,a way of making money,and really I dont think they have anything to offer that I havent seen allready.I dont feel like making the same mistake again,besides I allready have two perfectly running machines in my xbox360,and my ps3 wich should be good for atleast a few more years.Im not really that impressed any longer by what i'v seen,but im willing to give SBK Generations a chance,and make it my last game to buy.Im hoping for a better sensation/controll drifting the bikes into the corners.To me this is a big part of whats missing from most bikegames aswell as cargames.The drifting/sliding of the tires are simply too fiddly,and not very fun/cool.To me this includes games like SBK,and FM3
Old 01-04-12, 22:59   #5
Advanced Member
Loyalty Level 2/12

• Hot topic
  • Top writer
  • Regular
  • All about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi86 View Post
It's a shame not as much effort is put into the MotoGP series...considering it is supposed to be the premium racing series it isn't reflected in the games anymore.

Sure is! (a shame)

Everything has changed though.. The days of great developers are over, unless you find a gold nugget out there developing an indie game on a shoestring budget..

I will get SBK Generations on PC for certain! Whether I play it or not is a different story.

As far as consoles and next gen consoles, who cares! The console industry is total garbage at this point. PC is the only option for traditional type gaming..
Old 02-04-12, 06:32   #6
Advanced Member
Loyalty Level 2/12

• Regular
  • Hot topic
  • Top writer
  • Somebody likes me
  • I have a buddy!
    (has added a friend)
  • All about me

I tend to agree"the consol industry is garbage"and the worst part is they know it.Why else whould they go so far to prevent ppl from buying/reselling used games if it wasent because they are only too aware that the actual value of games is next to nothing,and without the possebility to resell youre used games everyone is going to end up with 30+ games that they dont nessesserely care to play,wich might be good buisness from there perspective,but from a gamers perspective is anything but ideal.Just think of all the money you will end up putting into this,and how many games have you played these last 5 years that you actually thought was worth the money you paid for it?My guess is not too many.Surely investing in a serious grafics card for youre PC whould be a better investment,or go give youre 500kr/60$ to the nearest homeless person,and the world whould be a better place for it LoL
I know my quadcore PC is lightning fast.I see it everytime I do a scan,or unpack some files.All I need is a serious graficscard I think
Old 02-04-12, 17:04   #7
Advanced Member
Loyalty Level 2/12

• Hot topic
  • Top writer
  • Regular
  • All about me

OK so now we are into it..

The entire entertainment industry is trying to combat piracy.. The RIAA is the worst.. The RIAA have cried to the government to lean on isp providers to police their users from going to file sharing sites and such...

Basically this is promoting piracy!

Give the customer something of value and we will gladly pay! If my isp stops me from sharing legal files such as game mods (that are perfectly legal) because of the site itself has copy written material on it, then good bye isp provider..

The isp providers will find over a short period of time that they will lose customers.

The percentage of people who pirate copy written material oppose to those who legally buy games etc, is not effecting the industry in a negative way at all.. The entertainment industry would like to make you think otherwise..

Angles such as EA's DRM and Ubisofts Uplay are only effecting legal buyers from playing the game they bought, not pirates.. But what will happen over time because of greed on the industries behalf, is customers will pirate more and more because of anti pirate angles such as the weak DRM/Uplay!

There was nothing wrong with the system back in 2001 but since 2004/5 the industry became greedy.. Xboxlive was perfectly fine for console gamers back when it was first released until the Xbox360 came out and everything went to $hit! I won't entirely blame evolution on Microsoft, smartphones etc have been ruining the game industry for a bit now and its going to only get worse..

Traditional gaming is void! (unless you go backwards on PC)

New console development is a total waste of money if these companies are going to require the end user to have an internet connection to play games! In that case why even waste money and time on console development but instead create console apps for your PC.. Stupid!

Good luck game industry! Your gonna need it.
Old 03-04-12, 03:14   #8
Advanced Member
Loyalty Level 2/12

• Regular
  • Hot topic
  • Top writer
  • Somebody likes me
  • I have a buddy!
    (has added a friend)
  • All about me

I guess its all the result of the years long recession we have been through.I cant really blame the industry for taking steps to prevent piracy,but imo taking it out on there paying customers ability to trade in games is a big mistake.I really dont think they have that good a record when it comes to releasing quality games that people in the long run will be willing to pay full retail prize for a produkt they know as soon as has been opened looses any value.MS/SONY has been letting dev get away with murder for far too long,and theres been far too many half finished produkts that needed patching,and was never really finished.How long do they think people will be willing to put up with that if they cant even trade it in,and are left holding a 500kr/60$ turd.Perhaps they have never heard the expression"fool me once shame on you,fool me twice,shame on me"and you whould really have to be a sucker to think that this is ever going to change.I seriously believe this could turn out to be a mayor setback to the industry,and spell the end to a lot of dev.Certainly I dont understand SONY.This could have been there chance to stand out compared to MS,and what on earth whould make them think they in any way have the kind of record that whould make there produkt worth it to anyone.I guess its all up to GT.
In any case I know I wont be getting any consolls any time soon,or atleast not untill they put out a MoToGP LoL
Old 04-04-12, 06:57   #9
Advanced Member
Loyalty Level 2/12

• Regular
  • Hot topic
  • Top writer
  • Somebody likes me
  • I have a buddy!
    (has added a friend)
  • All about me

http://www.sbkthegame.com/en-us/sbk-generations.html And there you have all the SBK Generations factsSo they give you one new track(Aragon)and now its the largest bikegame ever createt.FGS get over youreself.Sounds more like they have been to busy making WRC,and MUD
Old 04-04-12, 20:28   #10
pistol73 pistol73 is offline United Kingdom
Advanced Member
Loyalty Level 1/12

• All about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillNotHappy! View Post
http://www.sbkthegame.com/en-us/sbk-generations.html And there you have all the SBK Generations factsSo they give you one new track(Aragon)and now its the largest bikegame ever createt.FGS get over youreself.Sounds more like they have been to busy making WRC,and MUD
HEY HAPPY...WALKEN...

its been a while so ill say my bit and be off as im a bit busy lately.....

does the amount of tracks decide the size of a game? what about all the bikes?? and the game modes...

happy will be happy to know i now am faster in manual!!!! setups are basically the oppersite of manual though.manual all the way in 2012.

but i have to divert a bit as im in love with another game at the mo....amazing yes so ill tell you what it is now.....its called P CARS (i think)on pc.its not actually a finished game at the mo infact its been slowly building for a while now .but its spot on and you can buy into it too.if you love sim racing cars i do believe this is the one lads....this is the one and im on a 6speed fanatec with clutch brake throttle setup....amazing.i just love it.

but yeah back to sbk..games are what they are,accept them or go insane with anger....choose your fate...me,ill be banging about on sbk,not too serious,having some bike racing fun,nattering about sbk n moto,abusing the few who run backwards in the first week and ill see where it takes me....

have fun guys,race you soon....

pete