View Single Post
Old 10-02-11, 13:23   #28
onlyonet onlyonet is offline United Kingdom
Capcom Staff
Loyalty Level 2/12

• Hot topic
    (has created a thread with over 1,000 views)
  • Top writer
    (has created a thread with over 50 replies)
  • Regular
    (has posted in more than 12 different months)
  • I have a buddy!
    (has added a friend)
  • Somebody likes me
    (has been added as a friend)
  • 1st person to view a new news item
  • Voter
    (has entered a poll)
  • 1st person to watch a new video
  • Read all live news items
  • Goodies!
    (has entered a competition)
  • All about me
    (has completed the user profile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonBelmontX View Post
I appreciate the response, and it does make me feel slightly less worried.
Quote:

However, seeing as I really didn't like Heavenly Sword or Enslaved, it's hard to imagine Ninja Theory being able to do a good job of a DMC game.

Why? This isn't a sequel to Enslaved or Heavenly Sword! This is DMC it has nothing to do with previous titles the developer has created. In the same way that Dead Rising 2 wasn't similar to baseball game 'the bigs' that Blue Castle developed prior to the Multimillion selling DR2, and the same way that SFIV co developed by Dimps had nothing to do with Sonic The Hedgehog 4!

Working with a developer is a lot more than looking at their previous games. But the skills that they have and what they can bring to the table and how our skills at Capcom can benefit them in our marriage.

Quote:
Seeing as my favourites were DMC1-3, and 4 disappointed me in terms of weaponry and unlockables, I'm worried that the series will drift away from what I loved about the original. I understand we don't know everything yet - but gathering the few bits we do know, I just have a hard time picturing this ending well.

So we haven’t had a good DMC for 8 years? DMC4 had lost it's mojo in your and many other fans eyes? If anything then we need to explore how to get back to the fun, excitement and enjoyment of the first three games while reatining the core DNA that make the games so unique?

Would you agree that was the most important thing?

Quote:
Dante is my favourite character in gaming, and DMC is one of my favourite games so... I'm a little wary about change - we've yet to have a title as good (in terms of replayability) as DMC3 this generation, and I'm hoping that we'll see one someday. I must have spent more time playing DMC3 and DMC3:SE than any other game on the PS2, I never got bored.

Can totally understand this, i'd probably be the same.

But we haven’t handed over the family silver to some strangers we are working with Ninja Theory on this together. We believe that by going down this route we can breath new life into the franchise and make a game that sits above DMC3 for this generation.

Quote:
I just wish we had a little more information, it feels as though Capcom made the announcement and just left us hanging with a bad taste in our mouths - they even said that they expected the backlash so it's not really as though the fans are to blame. We just care about the direction of the series and hope it doesn't go horribly wrong.

We were surprised at the reaction its received, we'd hope that some fans might have gone to more depth to look a bit closer at things in the trailer (a few have done).

I promise that the game is in very good hands of extremely talented developers both at Capcom and Ninja Theory

Quote:
On a side note, I thought DMC1,2 and 4's scripting and motion capture were brilliant. I think the only thing missing in DMC4 was the variety that DMC3 offered in it's combat - but the actual cut scenes, visuals and control were awesome.

But the loading stages, the old school linear level design, were a hassle?!

Lets be honest they were great games (averageing in the low 80's on metacritic) but not perfect. We’re now aiming to make the perfect DMC game that gets 90's

Send a PM Reply With Quote