Posts tagged street fighter
As you may already be aware, the lovely Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set includes a 64-page hardcover book featuring a heaping helping of fan art. Naturally we received way more art than could fit inside one book, so we’d like to give some additional shout outs to those who almost made it in.
This week’s entry comes from Andrew Parish Johnston, and imagines a happy moment in time when Ken, Ryu and Gouken were all training peacefully. Those were the days, gentlemen – a friendly shoryuken to you too, sir!
And this week’s musical mention goes to FA/DC’s rippin’ rendition of Guile’s theme. If you can’t get psyched up listening to this, I daresay you may be a robot. A cold, unfeeling robot.
Huge thanks to everyone who contributed – we’ll have more in the coming weeks!
Today UDON announced the latest addition to its impressive “Complete Works” roster – an amazing Marvel vs Capcom collection that includes all the gorgeous art from the series, as well as all new illustrations by Joe Ng, Long Vo, Chamba, Adam Warren, and Takeshi Miyazawa.
The full release can be read over at UDON, but here are some general details from the press release:
- This is an original art book compiled by UDON, with no Japanese counterpart!
- Includes all of the promotional artwork, a complete art archive of all Marvel vs. Capcom character drawings, and rare, never-before-seen artwork, sketches, and bonus material!
- Contains artwork from the Capcom games The Punisher, X-Men: Children of the Atom,Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men VS Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom, Marvel VS Capcom 2, Marvel VS Capcom 3, and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3!
- Includes 17 new illustrations exclusive to this book!
Check out this performance from Video Games Live at E3, the iconic Guile theme has never sounded as good as this – wailing guitars and a full orchestra puching out those all too familiar chords. It’s enough to bring a tear to the eye…
You can see a lot more of washed up Street Fighters on artist Arman Akopian’s DeviantArt page. Check it out to see what Cammy, Fei Long, Zangief and Chun Li all got up to when the tournaments ended.
This stunning piece of art was created by Jed Henry and features numerous Street Fighter characters all fighting likes it’s the 17th Century. Jed has done a whole series of prints taking video game characters and reproducing them in this style, more of which you can see over on his site. Also click through to see a fantastic looking Mega Man. More >
How has Street Fighter influenced your life? What arcade-era memories do you carry around with you to this day? Everyone has a different answer, so we’ve created a dedicated SF 25 website that allows you to post your own affection for Ryu and co, be it fan art, music or recollections of a night spent playing Vs matches with a friend. In addition to the main wall, you can check up on the 25th anniversary tournament series, plus stay tuned for even more additions as the weeks wear on. Lots more to say and do for this huge milestone, so keep your eyes peeled on the SF25 site!
Disney’s trailer for the upcoming Wreck-it Ralph stars some very familiar faces, see if you can spot them all. And then be astounded that they actually managed to get so many classic characters, not just from Capcom but from so many different companies, all into one film. Awesome!
On Sunday 29th April, 8bit Ego put together a new style of fighting game event, never seen before in the UK. Promising a fusion of video gaming and urban culture, these guys certainly delivered, and put on a show that received compliments from not only the pro fighting gaming veterans, but also new players and their friends too.
Artists Josh Summana and JC Adams sketched up their own creative renditions of popular Street Fighter characters Akuma/Gouki, and Balrog. We also had renowned beatboxer Faith SFX who wowed the crowd with his own rendition of Tetris and many other fan favourites whilst the players duked it out live on stage in a battle of Street Fighter X Tekken!
At the end of the night, the best players came out on top, with Taaha taking the cash prize of £500, and 2nd/3rd place winning a Street Fighter X Tekken Pro Arcade Stick courtesy of Mad Catz UK! No one felt left out, as everyone walked away with a goodie bag that even included an exclusive print of M.Bison and Heihachi drawn again by Josh.
We hope you all had a brilliant time, and if you weren’t able to make it, we hope to see you at the next event!
Here’s a bonus piece of art from Josh Summana who recently did a fantastic M Bison painting for their latest ‘Bosses’ collection!
Back in January earlier this year, we teased that we had some pretty huge plans in store for this years Street Fighter 25th Anniversary. Today we are happy to reveal a couple of core pieces of the celebration: a huge collector’s set (only available in North America) as well as a giant world wide Street Fighter tournament that we’re backing with half a million dollars worth of prizing and amenities!
Our Capcom-sponsored series of tournaments begins in July and runs right through until December. Games included are Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV AE v2012, SF III: Third Strike Online Edition and Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. (Dates and locations subject to change):
- July 28-29 in Austin, TX
- August 11-12 in the NY area (location pending)
- August 26 in Taipei, Taiwan (location pending)
- Mid-September in the Tokyo Region, Japan (date and location pending)
- September 27-30 in London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
- October 13-14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
- October 27-28 in Los Angeles, CA
- October 31 – November 4 in Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
- December 8 Finals in San Francisco, CA (including players who qualify in the prelim tourneys)
As if that wasn’t enough, the first place SFxT player gets a custom Scion FR-S Sports Coupe! It includes a custom video entertainment system from SCEA, modified exterior from Five Axis and other components from other aftermarket companies.
European Street Fighter fans will have TWO chances to take part in the celebrations, with one event in London taking place during the Eurogamer Expo in September, as well as another event in Paris during Paris Games Week in November! More information on both events will follow shortly whilst we finalise the details.
Lastly, there will soon be a new site where you can share your own SF fandom. Head to http://www.streetfighter.com/sf25 for more info – it’s not fully operational just yet, but it will be soon. More on that to come!
Just what could the space twisting guns from Portal bring to the fighting game series? Well watch the video to find out. The best use is getting throug the car crushing bonus level in mere seconds, though it might have been more fun on the barrels one.
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Asura's Wrath Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 capcom Chun li Competition dead rising 2 Dead Rising 2: Off the Record devil may cry dmc Dragon's Dogma e3 Fight Club Frank West IGN kotaku marvel vs capcom 3 mega man MotoGP 10/11 Nintendo 3DS nintendo DS okamiden playstation 3 ps3 psn Resident evil Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D resident evil revelations Ryu Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes Seth Killian Steel Battalion Heavy Armor street fighter Street Fighter III: Third Strike Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition street fighter iv street fighter x tekken Super Street Fighter IV Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tgs Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox xbox 360 Yoshinori Ono
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (31)
- May 2012 (61)
- April 2012 (70)
- March 2012 (94)
- February 2012 (97)
- January 2012 (88)
- December 2011 (75)
- November 2011 (94)
- October 2011 (92)
- September 2011 (91)
- August 2011 (71)
- July 2011 (63)
- June 2011 (51)
- May 2011 (40)
- April 2011 (48)
- March 2011 (61)
- February 2011 (48)
- January 2011 (43)
- December 2010 (32)
- November 2010 (52)
- October 2010 (75)
- September 2010 (30)
- August 2010 (17)
- July 2010 (35)
- Win amazing Sengoku Basara goodies! (6,277)
- DEAD RISING 2 ZOMBREX EDITION COMES TO EUROPE (4,860)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition out now! (4,601)
- Memories of the way we scare (4,502)
- *Special Offer* Sideshow Street Fighter Figures (4,475)
- Capcom UK Fight Clubs! (4,353)
- Resident Evil Revelations release date! (3,937)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 new costumes (3,930)
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 release date and price! (3,777)
- Dead Rising 2: Off The Record new sandbox mode! (3,655)
Latest tweetsLoading tweets...