Posts tagged Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Back in January earlier this year, we teased that we had some pretty huge plans in store for this years Street Fighter 25th Anniversary. Today we are happy to reveal a couple of core pieces of the celebration: a huge collector’s set (only available in North America) as well as a giant world wide Street Fighter tournament that we’re backing with half a million dollars worth of prizing and amenities!
Our Capcom-sponsored series of tournaments begins in July and runs right through until December. Games included are Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV AE v2012, SF III: Third Strike Online Edition and Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. (Dates and locations subject to change):
- July 28-29 in Austin, TX
- August 11-12 in the NY area (location pending)
- August 26 in Taipei, Taiwan (location pending)
- Mid-September in the Tokyo Region, Japan (date and location pending)
- September 27-30 in London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
- October 13-14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
- October 27-28 in Los Angeles, CA
- October 31 – November 4 in Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
- December 8 Finals in San Francisco, CA (including players who qualify in the prelim tourneys)
As if that wasn’t enough, the first place SFxT player gets a custom Scion FR-S Sports Coupe! It includes a custom video entertainment system from SCEA, modified exterior from Five Axis and other components from other aftermarket companies.
European Street Fighter fans will have TWO chances to take part in the celebrations, with one event in London taking place during the Eurogamer Expo in September, as well as another event in Paris during Paris Games Week in November! More information on both events will follow shortly whilst we finalise the details.
Lastly, there will soon be a new site where you can share your own SF fandom. Head to http://www.streetfighter.com/sf25 for more info – it’s not fully operational just yet, but it will be soon. More on that to come!
I think it’s his enthusiasm that comes across so well, so much so that it’s kind of infectious and makes you want to play some Street Fighter III right now! Of course it helps that Max has the skills to hand out the beat downs, but he also has the knowledge to explain what’s going on and analyse why his opponents lose. And on the odd occasion when Max himself loses, he’s very gracious about it and amusing as ever.
This time Max’s constant videos are focussing on Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition. He’s doing another dedicated week of fighting online against several opponents and doing live commentary over his matches. Thankfully most of his opponents do put up a fight and you get to see some great execution, combos, supers and of course Max’s always entertaining commentry. Check out Day Two after the jump. More >
Here’s Desk playing Street Fighter III against himself. And not only playing against himself but busting out great combos with one hand and parrying with the other. Spoiler Alert! He wins.
The greatest fighting game ever (in my and many others opinion) Street Fighter III: Third Strike is now up to 50% off in the PSN sale, literally making it cheaper than Ken! Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition is in this sale for 30% off for standard users and 50% off for PSN Plus users. This promotion is for one week only starting today, 18th Jan, until the 25th Jan, so get it now and you won’t have to super art your wallet into submission!
What better way to start the day than with an impressive Street Fighter III Third Strike combo vid? This one’s by rKf and shows an impressive number of diverse combos for everyone’s favourite man in pants Urien.
The Street Fighter III Online Edition development team has been hard at work going through your feedback, and are now preparing to launch patch 1.02 next week on October 25 for PSN and October 26 on XBLA. here are the fixes you can look forward to:
1) Improved YouTube video quality (for PS3 ONLY)
2) Added the ability to unassign “3-punches” and “3-kicks” on the Controls screen.
3) Re-enabled the option to play with a human partner in Training mode.
4) Changed the “recording” feature in training mode. This feature now allows you to practice against a dummy, which repeats your recorded inputs.
5) Fixed a bug that would cause an a negative level value to be displayed on the main menu after hitting the level cap.
6) Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when repeatedly pressing “Confirm” after viewing a Match from a downloaded Match Pack.
7) Added support for Music Pack DLC.
Yun’s Genei Jin super is one of the potentially highest damaging super arts in Street Fighter III: Third Strike. But only potentially because you can really make a mess of it (well I can anyway). So it comes with great relief that Arjarath has posted up this amazing combo video which goes way beyond what the Trials mode in Online Edition teaches. Seems like I’ve got a weekend in practice mode to look forward to!
The patch has now been released on the 360 and fixes a number of issues players were having, most importantly it’s now very quick and easy to get a ranked match!
- Fixes a bug that made it difficult to get into a Ranked Match, especially during times of peak traffic.
- Fixes a bug that could cause players to have very large disconnection percentages (> 100)
- Fixes a bug that could cause characters to become invisible online, or to be displayed with incorrect colors.
- Fixes a bug that sometimes caused Hugo’s combo trial #2 to not detect correctly
- Fixes a bug that permitted an exploit in Trial mode when using “stun” settings
- Fixes some rare crashes
- Improves network stability
- Adds support for additional DLC packs
- Raises the online level cap
Ryu’s Denjin Hadouken super in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike might not be as popular as his Shinkuu-hadouken or the Shin-shoryuken, but it does make for a bit of higher level play due to its setups. It’s unblockable and you can charge it which leads to some guessing games for your opponent. Take a look at C-Royd’s video for a brilliant tutorial.
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Asura's Wrath Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 capcom Chun li Competition dead rising 2 Dead Rising 2: Off the Record devil may cry dmc Dragon's Dogma e3 Fight Club Frank West IGN kotaku marvel vs capcom 3 mega man MotoGP 10/11 Nintendo 3DS nintendo DS okamiden playstation 3 ps3 psn Resident evil Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D resident evil revelations Ryu Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes Seth Killian Steel Battalion Heavy Armor street fighter Street Fighter III: Third Strike Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition street fighter iv street fighter x tekken Super Street Fighter IV Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tgs Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox xbox 360 Yoshinori Ono
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (31)
- May 2012 (61)
- April 2012 (70)
- March 2012 (94)
- February 2012 (97)
- January 2012 (88)
- December 2011 (75)
- November 2011 (94)
- October 2011 (92)
- September 2011 (91)
- August 2011 (71)
- July 2011 (63)
- June 2011 (51)
- May 2011 (40)
- April 2011 (48)
- March 2011 (61)
- February 2011 (48)
- January 2011 (43)
- December 2010 (32)
- November 2010 (52)
- October 2010 (75)
- September 2010 (30)
- August 2010 (17)
- July 2010 (35)
- Win amazing Sengoku Basara goodies! (6,273)
- DEAD RISING 2 ZOMBREX EDITION COMES TO EUROPE (4,858)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition out now! (4,597)
- Memories of the way we scare (4,495)
- *Special Offer* Sideshow Street Fighter Figures (4,463)
- Capcom UK Fight Clubs! (4,335)
- Resident Evil Revelations release date! (3,922)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 new costumes (3,902)
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 release date and price! (3,777)
- Dead Rising 2: Off The Record new sandbox mode! (3,644)
Latest tweetsLoading tweets...