In Osaka for Resident Evil 6, part 1
Our good friends over at Capcom Italia were in Japan recently for an exclusive look at Resident Evil 6, below is part one of their special report!
Imagine for a moment being seated in a typical Japanese restaurant maybe in a city like Osaka. The table at the same level as the floor, Then, looking around you discover you are not alone, beside you are games journos guys from everywhere in the world, Rome, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, Paris, San Francisco, London…
Before you can put names to faces however and you find yourself seated next to none other than… Kobayashi-san, Executive Producer of Resident Evil 6, who asks you what do you think of his latest title and what has affected you most in the early chapters of the most famous horror videogame series of the last 15 years?
This kind of discussion with one of the modern gaming scenes gurus is without doubt, the dream of any journalist or fan of the Resident Evil series. Yet, last week, for a few carefully selected special envoys from around the world this dream became a reality!
As part of the promotion for the sixth chapter of Resident Evil, Capcom has invited 21 journalists from around the world to test some new features of Resident Evil 6. In all we spent two days at Capcom’s Osaka headquarters playing Resident Evil 6 and conducting exclusive interviews with members of the team responsible for bringing this great game to the world as well indulging in an amazing dinner which we mentioned in the intro. If you want some more information about the incredible trip then make sure you follow us on Capcom Italy and find out what was unveiled to us in this wonderful journey into the land of the rising sun!
DAY ZERO – 23rd JULY
Everything started at Kansai International airport in Osaka. We landed and were a bit dizzy from the jetlag and a journey of almost 15 hours when you combine the flights and stopovers. Leaving the airport we caught our first sights of the unique Japanese landscape. Once off the bus we had a short walk along one of Osaka’s main streets and were stunned by the ‘forest’ of buildings. Finally we arrived at the colossal Hotel Nikko, where we are met by a first class welcome with a kindness that only Japanese people can offer.
Then, following check-in we took the elevator to find our rooms with amazing views of downtown Osaka before we falling asleep and awoke refreshed for the two beautiful days that are awaiting us at Capcom’s HQ.
The second part of this trip diary is coming tomorrow, meanwhile why don’t you take a look at the extra pictures from day zero that we just put on CapcomItalia’s facebook page?
No comments yet.
about 7 months ago - 247 comments
Capcom is pleased to announce that, in response to player feedback, a free title update for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Resident Evil 6 will be made available in mid-December. This update includes the following additions and improvements:
• Gamers will be able to More >
about 7 months ago - 898 comments
about 8 months ago - 1,897 comments
As of September the 10th 2012 the Capcom E Store is open for business, starting off with some exclusive resident Evil 6 merch we hope that the E-store will soon become your one stop shop for all your Capcom needs. Our initial deals range from an exclusive DSO shirt as well as individual tablet cases More >
about 9 months ago - 584 comments
about 9 months ago - 1,729 comments
about 9 months ago - 1,625 comments
about 9 months ago - 598 comments
about 9 months ago - 2,023 comments
- Asura's Wrath Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 capcom Chun li Competition dead rising 2 Dead Rising 2: Off the Record devil may cry dmc Dragon's Dogma e3 Fight Club Frank West IGN kotaku marvel vs capcom 3 mega man MotoGP 10/11 Nintendo 3DS nintendo DS okamiden playstation 3 ps3 psn Resident evil Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D resident evil revelations Ryu Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes Seth Killian Steel Battalion Heavy Armor street fighter Street Fighter III: Third Strike Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition street fighter iv street fighter x tekken Super Street Fighter IV Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tgs Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox xbox 360 Yoshinori Ono
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (31)
- May 2012 (61)
- April 2012 (70)
- March 2012 (94)
- February 2012 (97)
- January 2012 (88)
- December 2011 (75)
- November 2011 (94)
- October 2011 (92)
- September 2011 (91)
- August 2011 (71)
- July 2011 (63)
- June 2011 (51)
- May 2011 (40)
- April 2011 (48)
- March 2011 (61)
- February 2011 (48)
- January 2011 (43)
- December 2010 (32)
- November 2010 (52)
- October 2010 (75)
- September 2010 (30)
- August 2010 (17)
- July 2010 (35)
- Win amazing Sengoku Basara goodies! (6,287)
- DEAD RISING 2 ZOMBREX EDITION COMES TO EUROPE (4,863)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition out now! (4,611)
- Memories of the way we scare (4,508)
- *Special Offer* Sideshow Street Fighter Figures (4,478)
- Capcom UK Fight Clubs! (4,366)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 new costumes (3,972)
- Resident Evil Revelations release date! (3,961)
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 release date and price! (3,777)
- Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition & PlayStation Move Clarification (3,671)
Latest tweetsLoading tweets...