Archive for May 21, 2012
Just what could the space twisting guns from Portal bring to the fighting game series? Well watch the video to find out. The best use is getting throug the car crushing bonus level in mere seconds, though it might have been more fun on the barrels one.
Well, the reviews for Dragon’s Dogma, which comes out next Tuesday in North America, are starting to trickle in. Word on the beat is that the game is seeing quite a bit of praise in the East, starting with famed games magazine Famitsu’s very positive review.
Dogma has received high scores across the board with Famitsu’s “cross review” format, where several reviewers weigh in with their impressions. The game scored an 8/9/8/9 for a total of 34 out of 40, earning it a “Hall of Fame: Gold” award. Sweet!
In particular, the review praises the game’s variety in combat, the effectiveness of working together with Pawns, the exceptionally fun sidequests, and the uniqueness of each vocation.
The number of pre-orders for the game in Japan has also reportedly exceeded half a million! Look out for more coverage of the game in the next few days, and of course the game’s auspicious release on the 22nd (or 25th in Europe)!
Today’s dev blog comes from designer Yoshitaka Mori. Enjoy!
Throughout the fields and cities of Dragon’s Dogma, you will find all sorts of hidden items. These items, however, are not necessarily effective or of particularly great value on their own. That’s where “combination” comes into play. Item combining allows you to put two items together to create new items.
Of course you could combine, for example, medicine with great healing properties with another medicine that cures status aliments, but sometimes performing these types of combinations will actually be necessary to complete certain quests.
Here is what you can create if you get good at combining!
-Find a jar of oil along the road. If you have an “empty flask” and put some of the oil in there, you can acquire a “flask of oil”. And with that, you can increase the amount of time you can use the lantern. This kind of thing will become one of the basics for your adventure.
-You can preserve items that easily rot by putting them in the “airtight flask”. If you are able to put a fish that you caught into the airtight flask while it is still fresh, you will have nothing to worry about.
-The Fighter cannot use magic abilities. However, if you can make a magic book, this will become an effective means of attack against monsters that you cannot attack with mere swords.
-I cannot go into details here, but monsters that are connected to fire drop items that allow you to create explosives.
-If you somehow end up in jail, you might be able to create a key and escape.
-I guess I’m not able to divulge too much, but please look forward to playing the game and trying this feature out. Remember, even if something looks like it is worthless at first sight, if you combine it well, it might become something useful. Don’t forget to take the time to explore the game’s vast world for items. You never know what you might discover!
- Asura's Wrath Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 capcom Chun li Competition dead rising 2 Dead Rising 2: Off the Record devil may cry dmc Dragon's Dogma e3 Fight Club Frank West IGN kotaku marvel vs capcom 3 mega man MotoGP 10/11 Nintendo 3DS nintendo DS okamiden playstation 3 ps3 psn Resident evil Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D resident evil revelations Ryu Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes Seth Killian Steel Battalion Heavy Armor street fighter Street Fighter III: Third Strike Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition street fighter iv street fighter x tekken Super Street Fighter IV Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tgs Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox xbox 360 Yoshinori Ono
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (31)
- May 2012 (61)
- April 2012 (70)
- March 2012 (94)
- February 2012 (97)
- January 2012 (88)
- December 2011 (75)
- November 2011 (94)
- October 2011 (92)
- September 2011 (91)
- August 2011 (71)
- July 2011 (63)
- June 2011 (51)
- May 2011 (40)
- April 2011 (48)
- March 2011 (61)
- February 2011 (48)
- January 2011 (43)
- December 2010 (32)
- November 2010 (52)
- October 2010 (75)
- September 2010 (30)
- August 2010 (17)
- July 2010 (35)
- Win amazing Sengoku Basara goodies! (6,291)
- DEAD RISING 2 ZOMBREX EDITION COMES TO EUROPE (4,863)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition out now! (4,621)
- Memories of the way we scare (4,509)
- *Special Offer* Sideshow Street Fighter Figures (4,482)
- Capcom UK Fight Clubs! (4,386)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 new costumes (4,014)
- Resident Evil Revelations release date! (3,999)
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 release date and price! (3,777)
- Dead Rising 2: Off The Record new sandbox mode! (3,678)
Latest tweetsLoading tweets...