Archive for May 3, 2012
Today’s Dragon’s Dogma dev blog comes from composer Tadayoshi Makino.
Hellooooo! My name is Tadayoshi Makino. For this entry I’d like to take some time as he main composer to talk about some different things regarding music. I would be ecstatic if you all chose to read this entry all the way to the very end.
Back when we first started working on the music I was only able to vaguely imagine what the game would eventually become. We started by expanding upon referential keywords, temporal background, sculptures and images of the characters and monsters that would appear in the game. That was around the autumn of 2009.
Composers I really revere are Howard Shore and James Horner – however I felt from the beginning that we wouldn’t be able to convey everything in Dragon’s Dogma best all with a massive orchestra as they might. I’ve personally been involved with the Monster Hunter series and have come to realize that I like to use a blend of different elements such as majestic orchestras and smaller, cultural instrumentations. More >
GamesTM caught up with Steel Battalion Heavy Armor producer Tatsuya Kitabayashi to talk about how you go from having a controller with 108 buttons to making the player themselves the controller with Kinect. As well as discussing why other developers using Kinect always leave you standing:
GamesTM: I can’t think of many other Kinect games, if any, that you can play sitting down and with a controller. Why do you think so few other publishers have tried that?
Kitabayashi: I think people might have been cursed with preconceptions. So they’ve got it in mind that you play Kinect standing up, when the truth is that you don’t actually have to. Maybe they went through the process of making a hardcore game where you have to stand up and found that it doesn’t work. But in fact you can play sitting down and with a controller so I just think they didn’t have that mindset in the first place.
Read the rest of the interview here.
Yeah okay so the merchant doesn’t turn up until much later in the Resi timeline, but for now let’s pretend he’s there in Operation Raccoon City and he’s got a coat load of new weapons on offer. Check out this list and then add some new fire power to your armoury.
Power Weapons Pack – Dominate your opponents with the Power Weapons Pack. Included in this pack are the high capacity Combat Shotgun and the deadly Anti-Material Rifle.
Renegade Weapons Pack - Get an edge on the competition with the Renegade Weapons Pack. Included in this pack are the deadly Machine Pistol and long barreled Cowboy Shotgun.
Elite Weapons Pack – Play with Umbrella’s special prototype guns in the Elite Weapons Pack. Included in this pack are the pump-action Perforator and tactical Combat SMG.
Classic Weapons Pack – Retro is in! Play with these 2 throwback weapons in the Classic Weapons Pack. Included in this pack are the explosive Classic Launcher and rapid-fire Matilda pistol.
Raccoon City Weapon Stash – The ultimate arsenal upgrade! The Raccoon City Weapon Stash gives immediate access to all 8 special weapons including the Combat Shotgun, Anti-Material Rifle, Machine Pistol, Cowboy Shotgun, Perforator, Combat SMG, Matilda, and Classic Launcher.
- Asura's Wrath Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 capcom Chun li Competition dead rising 2 Dead Rising 2: Off the Record devil may cry dmc Dragon's Dogma e3 Fight Club Frank West IGN kotaku marvel vs capcom 3 mega man MotoGP 10/11 Nintendo 3DS nintendo DS okamiden playstation 3 ps3 psn Resident evil Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D resident evil revelations Ryu Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes Seth Killian Steel Battalion Heavy Armor street fighter Street Fighter III: Third Strike Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition street fighter iv street fighter x tekken Super Street Fighter IV Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tgs Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox xbox 360 Yoshinori Ono
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (31)
- May 2012 (61)
- April 2012 (70)
- March 2012 (94)
- February 2012 (97)
- January 2012 (88)
- December 2011 (75)
- November 2011 (94)
- October 2011 (92)
- September 2011 (91)
- August 2011 (71)
- July 2011 (63)
- June 2011 (51)
- May 2011 (40)
- April 2011 (48)
- March 2011 (61)
- February 2011 (48)
- January 2011 (43)
- December 2010 (32)
- November 2010 (52)
- October 2010 (75)
- September 2010 (30)
- August 2010 (17)
- July 2010 (35)
- Win amazing Sengoku Basara goodies! (6,277)
- DEAD RISING 2 ZOMBREX EDITION COMES TO EUROPE (4,860)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition out now! (4,602)
- Memories of the way we scare (4,503)
- *Special Offer* Sideshow Street Fighter Figures (4,475)
- Capcom UK Fight Clubs! (4,353)
- Resident Evil Revelations release date! (3,938)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 new costumes (3,932)
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 release date and price! (3,777)
- Dead Rising 2: Off The Record new sandbox mode! (3,655)
Latest tweetsLoading tweets...