Calling All Artists and Musicians for Street Fighter's 25th anniversary
There’s a very high chance that if you’re a fan of Capcom in any shape or form, you’ll agree that one of the most iconic games to come from us, is of course the legendary Street Fighter! Who would believe that we’d still be shouting ‘Hadouken!’ and ‘Shoryuken!’ to this very day, after 25 years of throwing Sonic Booms, and performing Spinning Bird Kicks! That’s right, Street Fighter celebrates it’s 25th Birthday this year, and we are planning some really cool things to celebrate, as well as rewarding those loyal fighting game fans who stuck by us over this incredible journey.
Whether you played Street Fighter II on the Super Nintendo, Street Fighter III: Third Strike at the arcade, or Street Fighter IV on your Xbox 360/PS3, almost everyone has a memory relating to this iconic franchise, and we’re on the look out for the most creative artists and musicians, to come forth with their creations to share with the world what it is that Street Fighter means to them.
There are two different ways to contribute to the celebration. The first is good old fan art, something Street Fighter can summon in abundance. Head to this site and submit your best, most celebratory art for a chance to have it immortalised in future Capcom anniversary announcements. The general theme is one of reflection and nostalgia – tailor your art to the idea of “anniversary” and it stands a better chance of being used down the road (more on that later).
The other path is for those of a musical inclination. Head to this site and upload your best Street Fighter song – be it a remix or a new creation inspired by the franchise – and you could see (hear?) it used in an official capacity later on.
Apologies for the nebulous statements tucked in there, but we’re still ironing out the details and want to make sure all our ducks are in a row before announcing the full plan. This includes not just the tributes above, but also the tournament series we’ve already teased.
Can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
No comments yet.
about 10 months ago - 1,328 comments
As you may already be aware, the lovely Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set includes a 64-page hardcover book featuring a heaping helping of fan art. Naturally we received way more art than could fit inside one book, so we’d like to give some additional shout outs to those who almost made it in.
This week’s More >
about 11 months ago - 678 comments
Today UDON announced the latest addition to its impressive “Complete Works” roster – an amazing Marvel vs Capcom collection that includes all the gorgeous art from the series, as well as all new illustrations by Joe Ng, Long Vo, Chamba, Adam Warren, and Takeshi Miyazawa.
The full release can be read over at UDON, but here More >
about 11 months ago - 544 comments
about 11 months ago - 966 comments
about 11 months ago - 320 comments
This stunning piece of art was created by Jed Henry and features numerous Street Fighter characters all fighting likes it’s the 17th Century. Jed has done a whole series of prints taking video game characters and reproducing them in this style, more of which you can see over on his site. Also click through to More >
about 11 months ago - 1,589 comments
How has Street Fighter influenced your life? What arcade-era memories do you carry around with you to this day? Everyone has a different answer, so we’ve created a dedicated SF 25 website that allows you to post your own affection for Ryu and co, be it fan art, music or recollections of a night spent More >
about 11 months ago - 1,416 comments
about 11 months ago - 1,785 comments
On Sunday 29th April, 8bit Ego put together a new style of fighting game event, never seen before in the UK. Promising a fusion of video gaming and urban culture, these guys certainly delivered, and put on a show that received compliments from not only the pro fighting gaming veterans, but also new players and More >
about 12 months ago - 2,149 comments
Back in January earlier this year, we teased that we had some pretty huge plans in store for this years Street Fighter 25th Anniversary. Today we are happy to reveal a couple of core pieces of the celebration: a huge collector’s set (only available in North America) as well as a giant world wide Street More >
about 12 months ago - 884 comments
- Asura's Wrath Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 capcom Chun li Competition dead rising 2 Dead Rising 2: Off the Record devil may cry dmc Dragon's Dogma e3 Fight Club Frank West IGN kotaku marvel vs capcom 3 mega man MotoGP 10/11 Nintendo 3DS nintendo DS okamiden playstation 3 ps3 psn Resident evil Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D resident evil revelations Ryu Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes Seth Killian Steel Battalion Heavy Armor street fighter Street Fighter III: Third Strike Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition street fighter iv street fighter x tekken Super Street Fighter IV Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tgs Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox xbox 360 Yoshinori Ono
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (31)
- May 2012 (61)
- April 2012 (70)
- March 2012 (94)
- February 2012 (97)
- January 2012 (88)
- December 2011 (75)
- November 2011 (94)
- October 2011 (92)
- September 2011 (91)
- August 2011 (71)
- July 2011 (63)
- June 2011 (51)
- May 2011 (40)
- April 2011 (48)
- March 2011 (61)
- February 2011 (48)
- January 2011 (43)
- December 2010 (32)
- November 2010 (52)
- October 2010 (75)
- September 2010 (30)
- August 2010 (17)
- July 2010 (35)
- Win amazing Sengoku Basara goodies! (6,271)
- DEAD RISING 2 ZOMBREX EDITION COMES TO EUROPE (4,858)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition out now! (4,587)
- Memories of the way we scare (4,492)
- *Special Offer* Sideshow Street Fighter Figures (4,462)
- Capcom UK Fight Clubs! (4,327)
- Resident Evil Revelations release date! (3,920)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 new costumes (3,892)
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 release date and price! (3,777)
- Dead Rising 2: Off The Record new sandbox mode! (3,637)
Latest tweetsLoading tweets...