A dose of new Resident Evil 6 information!
There has been much speculation about Resident Evil 6 since the launch trailer and today we’re going to clarify things and hopefully answer some of the questions you have about the latest instalment in the most epic survival horror series ever.
The year is 2013, Chris Redfield has continued the fight against bioterrorism as the leader of the BSAA. He underwent a personal trauma some six months ago but in spite of this he has rejoined his BSAA colleagues in China to uncover a major bioterrorist attack at the coastal town of Lanshiang.
It is feared that this latest outbreak is connected to an incident in the conflict zone of Eastern Europe about six months ago which saw the first appearance of a new bio-organism threat called J’avo. Named by the BSAA after the Serbian word for ‘demon’, the J’avo still exhibit certain human elements – such as the ability to understand speech, work together as a group and use weapons – but they are also incredibly aggressive and a number of their actions have regressed to pure instinct.
When a J’avo takes damage it has the ability to regenerate itself. However if it is receives major damage then it will mutate that affected body part into a number of varied forms, meaning players will have to rethink their strategy and adapt to this unpredictability.
Meanwhile on the other side of the globe Leon Kennedy is also facing a new nightmare. After the Raccoon City incident Leon was recruited as a US government agent by none other than Adam Benford, who would later become the President of the United States. Ever since the nightmare that was Raccoon City Leon has made it his life’s work to eradicate bioterrorism.
Another government agent, Helena Harper, was in the process of transferring to the Secret Service to become one of the President’s personal bodyguards… but that all goes to hell, and she’s the one who admits to Leon that she is responsible for this latest zombie incident. These aren’t the shambling zombies Leon faced in Raccoon City these zombies run, jump, and even use weapons, making them a bigger threat than ever before.
The real identity of the mysterious third protagonist is still unknown but it’s possible that this man is a mercenary currently engaged in a bloody conflict in Eastern Europe where reports confirm that B.O.W.s are increasingly being used. One day, he’s told that he is the man to save the world. Whilst he doesn’t understand the implications of this, he does immediately think how much money he can make from it.
Never before has the bio-weapon threat been more global, more terrifying and more dangerous. You can watch the launch trailer below to see how all this fits together.
Resident Evil 6 launches for the PS3 and Xbox 360 on 20 November 2012, PC release to follow.
No comments yet.
about 7 months ago - 248 comments
Capcom is pleased to announce that, in response to player feedback, a free title update for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Resident Evil 6 will be made available in mid-December. This update includes the following additions and improvements:
• Gamers will be able to More >
about 7 months ago - 907 comments
about 8 months ago - 1,898 comments
As of September the 10th 2012 the Capcom E Store is open for business, starting off with some exclusive resident Evil 6 merch we hope that the E-store will soon become your one stop shop for all your Capcom needs. Our initial deals range from an exclusive DSO shirt as well as individual tablet cases More >
about 9 months ago - 589 comments
about 9 months ago - 1,736 comments
about 9 months ago - 1,634 comments
about 9 months ago - 605 comments
about 9 months ago - 2,033 comments
about 9 months ago - 1,498 comments
- Asura's Wrath Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 capcom Chun li Competition dead rising 2 Dead Rising 2: Off the Record devil may cry dmc Dragon's Dogma e3 Fight Club Frank West IGN kotaku marvel vs capcom 3 mega man MotoGP 10/11 Nintendo 3DS nintendo DS okamiden playstation 3 ps3 psn Resident evil Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D resident evil revelations Ryu Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes Seth Killian Steel Battalion Heavy Armor street fighter Street Fighter III: Third Strike Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition street fighter iv street fighter x tekken Super Street Fighter IV Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tgs Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox xbox 360 Yoshinori Ono
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (31)
- May 2012 (61)
- April 2012 (70)
- March 2012 (94)
- February 2012 (97)
- January 2012 (88)
- December 2011 (75)
- November 2011 (94)
- October 2011 (92)
- September 2011 (91)
- August 2011 (71)
- July 2011 (63)
- June 2011 (51)
- May 2011 (40)
- April 2011 (48)
- March 2011 (61)
- February 2011 (48)
- January 2011 (43)
- December 2010 (32)
- November 2010 (52)
- October 2010 (75)
- September 2010 (30)
- August 2010 (17)
- July 2010 (35)
- Win amazing Sengoku Basara goodies! (6,289)
- DEAD RISING 2 ZOMBREX EDITION COMES TO EUROPE (4,863)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition out now! (4,619)
- Memories of the way we scare (4,508)
- *Special Offer* Sideshow Street Fighter Figures (4,479)
- Capcom UK Fight Clubs! (4,376)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 new costumes (3,988)
- Resident Evil Revelations release date! (3,974)
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 release date and price! (3,777)
- Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition & PlayStation Move Clarification (3,671)
Latest tweetsLoading tweets...