Archive for September, 2011
Electronic Gaming Monthly has posted a huge interview with Capcom’s Seth Killian. Seriously, it’s massive, like really long. And you know what that means? Lots and lots of info and thought from Capcom’s special fighting advisor. Here’s a bit:
EGM: My feeling, however, is it’s sort of like that old L Cool J statement: “Don’t call it a comeback / I’ve been here for years.” I think fighting games never really left; they’ve always been here.
Seth Killian: It’s interesting, because I’ve been playing since basically the beginning of Street Fighter II, and have even travelled around the world to play fighting games. So I’ve been playing and organizing events all of the way through what we call the “dark ages” of fighting games. After the Street Fighter boom had sort of cooled off—and by the end of the Street Fighter III 3rd Strike era around 2000~2002—fighting games had really slowed down. There were a lot less releases, they were less successful—overall a lot of companies moved away from the business in some respects. Namco was still releasing fighting games and having some success, but Capcom was releasing far fewer titles basically up until Street Fighter IV.
Head over to EGM to read the rest.
Desk once again shows off some mad skills with combos in Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with this combo video showing Chun Li chucking a stupid number of fireballs in one combo. Would hate to be on the receiving end of that.
Today’s the deadline to get your entries in for the Asura’s Wrath art competition. Win and you’ll get your artwork featured in the game! Click the link for more information and where to post your entry.
The PC (Windows) version of Dead Rising 2: Off The Record can be played with a wireless controller! It’s true! Obviously it has to be a controller specifically designed for Windows, such as Microsoft’s one which is available on Amazon and all other good peripheral stores in your area.
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record will be on shelves on 14 October for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC! Frank’s back to kick some zombie ass all over Uranus! (Zone).
Check out this awesome highlight reel from the Nagoya Street Battle in Japan where some of the biggest names in Japan’s fighting game scene battle it out on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. And to follow on from yesterday’s discussion about whether or not you should learn things from watching other people play… is there anything here you’d like to incorporate into your game?
Both Bionic Commando Rearmed and Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 have had their prices slashed on XBLA. Both games star Nathan ‘Rad’ Spencer the Bionic Commando, first taking a new look at the original 1987 arcade game but with new and fantastic graphics and mechanics. And then in Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 there’s a whole new adventure! They’re such a bargain for just 400 and 600 Microsoft Points respectively!
Here’s nearly 10 minutes of Seth Killian explaining Street Fighter x Tekken and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. It’s also interesting to see how the Fight Clubs are going over in America, looks like a grand time!
Capcom Japan has updated the Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 site with new character themes that you can listen to and enjoy. This includes Vergil and we know you’ve all been dying to hear that one!
Gamespot’s got the latest character costume breakdown this time featuring the green goddess She-Hulk and Dante’s mum lookalike Trish. So head over to Gamespot for the new outfits and explanations as to why they were chosen. Also! Head over to Capcom Unity for info on Dante’s costumes and then take a trip to Marvel for an Iron Man breakdown!
- Asura's Wrath Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 capcom Chun li Competition dead rising 2 Dead Rising 2: Off the Record devil may cry dmc Dragon's Dogma e3 Fight Club Frank West IGN kotaku marvel vs capcom 3 mega man MotoGP 10/11 Nintendo 3DS nintendo DS okamiden playstation 3 ps3 psn Resident evil Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D resident evil revelations Ryu Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes Seth Killian Steel Battalion Heavy Armor street fighter Street Fighter III: Third Strike Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition street fighter iv street fighter x tekken Super Street Fighter IV Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tgs Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox xbox 360 Yoshinori Ono
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (31)
- May 2012 (61)
- April 2012 (70)
- March 2012 (94)
- February 2012 (97)
- January 2012 (88)
- December 2011 (75)
- November 2011 (94)
- October 2011 (92)
- September 2011 (91)
- August 2011 (71)
- July 2011 (63)
- June 2011 (51)
- May 2011 (40)
- April 2011 (48)
- March 2011 (61)
- February 2011 (48)
- January 2011 (43)
- December 2010 (32)
- November 2010 (52)
- October 2010 (75)
- September 2010 (30)
- August 2010 (17)
- July 2010 (35)
- Win amazing Sengoku Basara goodies! (6,273)
- DEAD RISING 2 ZOMBREX EDITION COMES TO EUROPE (4,858)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition out now! (4,593)
- Memories of the way we scare (4,495)
- *Special Offer* Sideshow Street Fighter Figures (4,463)
- Capcom UK Fight Clubs! (4,330)
- Resident Evil Revelations release date! (3,921)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 new costumes (3,898)
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 release date and price! (3,777)
- Dead Rising 2: Off The Record new sandbox mode! (3,639)
Latest tweetsLoading tweets...