Archive for August 30, 2011
In case you were wondering what that update to Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Editon did then here’s a few words from our esteemed SF3 Producer, Derek Neal:
“Hi guys, as promised, the Title Update that adds YouTube functionality to the X360 version went live this morning! We’re still experiencing some occasional hiccoughs with the XLSP server, so the service might go down intermittently. But it’s up right now, and you can see the videos people have been uploading here:
Upcoming: we have a fix for both the “100 billion % disconnect rate” issue, and the “it takes a long time to get in a ranked match” issue. These fixes, as well as a few more (an issue with Hugo’s trial #2, a stun exploit in trials, etc), will be making it into our next patch. We will also be raising the online level cap in that patch.
Early next week we should have a better idea of the “go live” date for that update after we submit to Sony and Microsoft.
Further downstream, we’re looking at all of your feedback for potential future updates (beyond the fixes in this post). So, please bear with us as we continue working to make this game even more awesome!
Thanks all, Derek”
Requested by the fans since Dead Rising launched, the team at Capcom Vancouver has developed a Sandbox Mode exclusively for Dead Rising 2 Off The Record!
Players can explore the casinos, restaurants, malls and new Uranus Zone that comprise Fortune City without the obstacle of time. Challenges placed throughout the city offer players the chance to earn additional cash for use in the pawn shops and vending machines around Fortune City. Ranging from collection style challenges to vehicle-based challenges to zombie massacre challenges; the higher the rank of the player, the more cash they win. Check out the video below:
NEW to Ultimate MvC3
“Sometimes you’ve just gotta be a little bit selfish. The AGE OF APOCALYPSE storyline hit right at my comics-reading peak, and I freakin’ LOVED it (and continue to, as it’s recently been featured in the pages of UNCANNY X-FORCE). So I made Capcom put an AOA-inspired look in for Jean this time. We even got that weird symbol over her left eye in there, as you can see above. I know a lot of folks will be using this variant for the same reasons I will, but I’m also forced to wonder if it will prove popular for putting skin where the fowl goes.” – Chris Baker from Marvel Games, read the full story here!
NEW to Ultimate MvC3
“Mike Haggar’s final design needed to be something unique and special. We really wanted to give him a look that was different than the rest of his styles, and gave him a fresh appearance. Our solution was to portray Haggar on his day off, rocking a pair of leopard print pants, and nice tan skin. Opposed to the designs that show him as a fighter or a mayor, this gives him a much less serious look. Ultimately, he ends up looking like Marvel’s Kraven the Hunter, given the moustache and leopard print pants.” – Ryan from Capcom Unity, read the full story here!
Also head to GameSpot for a mega-blog with Firebrand, Nemesis, and Amaterasu’s costume designs!
Parrying in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike can be tricky, initially, but once you get it down it can totally swing the match in your favour. Then comes the really expert stuff – the red parry. To do this you must first block a hit and then parry – the window is a lot tighter than normal parrying but if you get it down then opponent’s normally safe moves become their death traps. For a better explanation check out ReNiCGaming’s video below:
- Asura's Wrath Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 capcom Chun li Competition dead rising 2 Dead Rising 2: Off the Record devil may cry dmc Dragon's Dogma e3 Fight Club Frank West IGN kotaku marvel vs capcom 3 mega man MotoGP 10/11 Nintendo 3DS nintendo DS okamiden playstation 3 ps3 psn Resident evil Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D resident evil revelations Ryu Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes Seth Killian Steel Battalion Heavy Armor street fighter Street Fighter III: Third Strike Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition street fighter iv street fighter x tekken Super Street Fighter IV Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition tgs Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 xbox xbox 360 Yoshinori Ono
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (5)
- June 2012 (31)
- May 2012 (61)
- April 2012 (70)
- March 2012 (94)
- February 2012 (97)
- January 2012 (88)
- December 2011 (75)
- November 2011 (94)
- October 2011 (92)
- September 2011 (91)
- August 2011 (71)
- July 2011 (63)
- June 2011 (51)
- May 2011 (40)
- April 2011 (48)
- March 2011 (61)
- February 2011 (48)
- January 2011 (43)
- December 2010 (32)
- November 2010 (52)
- October 2010 (75)
- September 2010 (30)
- August 2010 (17)
- July 2010 (35)
- Win amazing Sengoku Basara goodies! (6,289)
- DEAD RISING 2 ZOMBREX EDITION COMES TO EUROPE (4,863)
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition out now! (4,618)
- Memories of the way we scare (4,508)
- *Special Offer* Sideshow Street Fighter Figures (4,478)
- Capcom UK Fight Clubs! (4,373)
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 new costumes (3,981)
- Resident Evil Revelations release date! (3,973)
- Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 release date and price! (3,777)
- Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition & PlayStation Move Clarification (3,671)